Monday, November 8, 2010

And now the Rest of the Story- Mehico-style!

It was right around Thursday when we began contemplating how much food we had eaten this week.  That thought, however, did not derail the two-plate express we were riding.  The weather was a little colder each of the last two days of our trip, with the wind picking up as well.  This made conditions at the beach unsavory for swimming (which we hadn't done at all anyways).

We did, however, spend some quality reading time at the beach in the morning and by the pool in the afternoon.  One of the things that I really liked about the pool at this resort was the hammock setup over the pool.  I had to do some reading in one of these, but it lead to the question: How do I get into it without getting the book wet?  After some effort, I managed to get into it, all while keeping my book dry. 





After completing Moonraker by Ian Flemming, I decided I could not get out of the hammock without getting the book wet or falling in.  So I threw it.  And it landed in the pool.  And it is still wet.  Live and let die I guess...

Thursday night, we went to "The Grill," a steakhouse at the resort.  The steaks were good, but not as good as the Mango Tango drinks.  


After dinner, we talked about going to the Michael Jackson tribute show, but Adam went home and put on his pj pants.  So I put on my pajamas too and that was it for the night.  In my defense, I only brought one pair of pant to wear each night for dinner to fit the dress code of the resorts restaurants, and those pants are linen.  They wrinkle while I think about putting them on.

It stormed overnight, which created windy, overcast conditions on Friday for most of the day.  The day began with our "breakfast in bed" which started on the coffee table since they did not bring bed trays...


But then I couldn't sit comfortably on the couch to eat, so we moved it to the balcony...  


Brienne had pancakes, while I had eggs over easy with toast.  Not bad, and honestly, it probably stopped us from eating two plates of food at the buffet.

After breakfast, we took our new books to the beach.  I finished reading Effective Immediately by Emily Bennington & Skip Lineberg, and began The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, while Adam was onto a dry copy of Caddie for Life by John Feinstein.  The storm helped wash a visitor onto the beach...


Get the Old Bay! 


Friday night was a Mexican-themed extravaganza.  We decided to skip the restaurants we hadn't tried in favor of the Mexican buffet.  Here is a picture of Adam's plate.  Notice the tacos, chips, and massive amount of guacamole he has.


There were two mariachi bands performing.  The smaller group played Oye Como Va while the larger band played some traditional love song. 




It was gorgeous again on Saturday and made us sad to leave.


So that's it.  Back to PA, then WV on Sunday, and finally back to work on Monday.  We hope you enjoyed reading about our honeymoon even just a fraction as much as we enjoyed living it.  We plan on blogging a few times a month when exciting things happen in our first year of marriage.  Click back every now and again to look in on us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment